FACTORS AFFECTING WIRE ROPE LIFE IN A MARINE ENVIRONMENT
Laboratory tests of axial tension fatigue and field data on structural applications indicate that there may be an "S-N" type curve for wire rope. Exposure of steel ropes and strands in marine environments for up to 15 years indicates the benefits to be gained from zinc coatings and plastic jackets. Recommendations are made.
- Presented at the Conference, Houston, Texas, May 2-5, 1977.
Offshore Technology Conference6200 North Central Expressway
Dallas, TX United States 45206
- Lucht, W A
- Donecker, F W
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Coatings; Corrosion resistance; Fatigue tests; Wire rope
- Old TRIS Terms: Coating performance
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00170718
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 2924, Vol 3 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM