A CONCEPTUAL DATA BASE FOR PORT AND SHIPPING DEVELOPMENTS
The integration of ships, ports and intermodal facilities into the larger shipping systems is resulting in rapid changes to the design of system components. This paper describes various shipping system, design-influences and technologies which are evolving or have recently evolved to meet the requirements of an integrated shipping system. The descriptions pertain to ships, ports and intermodal facilities, and environmental constraints.
- Presented at the meeting of the New York Metropolitan Section, October 20, 1977.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Fisher, K W
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Development; Intermodal transportation; LASH terminals; Port operations; Ports; Rail marine interface; Roll on roll off ships; Ships; Transportation planning
- Old TRIS Terms: Ship technology
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00170714
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 7 1978 12:00AM