THE BEHAVIOUR OF MOORED SHIPS IN WAVES
A mathematical model is described which is based on the equation of motion in the time domain according to "Cummins", while the hydrodynamic loads on the ship are obtained by means of the three-dimensional source technique. Results of computations for a ship moored to a jetty are discussed and compared with experimental results.
- Presented at the Conference, Houston, Texas, May 2-5, 1977.
Offshore Technology Conference6200 North Central Expressway
Dallas, TX United States 45206
- van Oortmerssen, G
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Hydrodynamic pressure; Loads; Mathematical models; Mooring; Ship motion; Water waves
- Old TRIS Terms: Hydrodynamic forces; Moored vessels; Wave loads
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00170698
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 2882, Vol 3 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 7 1978 12:00AM