DYNAMIC ICE-WATER-SOIL-STRUCTURE INTERACTION OF OFFSHORE TOWERS INCLUDING NONLINEAR SOIL BEHAVIOR
The paper describes the different types of modelling criteria for soil structure interaction behaviour of offshore towers. Two types of towers are investigated: a pile supported three-dimensional tubular space frame with a platform, and a model of a circular cylindrical steel tower supported by a large circular base or hull, treated as a gravity type monopod platform.
- Presented at the Conference, Houston, Texas, May 2-5, 1977.
Offshore Technology Conference6200 North Central Expressway
Dallas, TX USA 45206
- Haldar, A K
- Swamidas, ASJ
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Force; Ice; Offshore platforms; Offshore structures; Soil structure interaction
- Old TRIS Terms: Ice forces on structures
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00170695
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 2907, Vol 3 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 7 1978 12:00AM