CARGO SECURITY IN TRANSPORT SYSTEMS
The report is in two parts: pilferage and cargo security, and major theft and cargo security. The physical and administrative factors contributing to pilferage are outlined, and some recommendations are made for counteracting their effect. Major theft in terminal areas is then considered, in particular the indirect effects of cargo loss, as opposed to the direct financial loss. Theft of and from containers is discussed.
International Cargo Handling Coordination AssnAbford House, 15 Wilton Road
London SW1V 1LX, England
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Freight security; Loss and damage; Prevention; Security; Theft
- Old TRIS Terms: Loss prevention; Pilferage prevention
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00170690
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 7-8, Part 1-2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 7 1978 12:00AM