CALCULATION OF VELOCITY DISTRIBUTIONS IN SHIP WAKE
A method is proposed for estimating the velocity distribution in ship wake and some results of numerical calculations are shown and compared with those of experiments. The velocity is estimated considering the potential and the viscous components separately, and it is concluded that the method can be used for estimating the velocity distribution in ship wake from the hull geometry and measured wave profiles, even in case of large Reynolds numbers.
- From the International Seminar on Wave Resistance, Tokyo, February, 1976.
Society of Naval Architects of Japan23 Shiba-kotohiracho, Minato-ku
Tokyo 135, Japan
- MORI, K
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Hulls; Resistance (Mechanics); Reynolds number; Velocity; Viscosity; Wakes; Waves
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull geometry; Velocity distribution; Velocity potential; Viscous resistance; Wake analysis; Wave profiles
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00170689
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 7 1978 12:00AM