ATMOSPHERIC SUPERSTRUCTURE ICE ACCUMULATION MEASUREMENTS
Ice accumulation measurements made in the Gulf of Alaska and in the "Bering Sea" are reported along the meteorological conditions prevalent before, during and after icing events. The data obtained is used in an attempt to establish preliminary methods for design recommendations for offshore atmospheric icing on derricks, flare booms, antennas, quarters and super-structures on an offshore platform located in subarctic or arctic regions.
- Presented at the Conference, Houston, Texas, May 2-5, 1977.
Offshore Technology Conference6200 North Central Expressway
Dallas, TX United States 45206
- McLeod, W R
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Ice; Icing; Measurement; Offshore structures; Superstructures
- Old TRIS Terms: Ice measurement
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00170687
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 2950, Vol 3 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 7 1978 12:00AM