ALL-WEATHER ICE INFORMATION SYSTEM FOR ALASKAN ARCTIC COASTAL SHIPPING
The paper describes an all-weather, near real-time ice information system designed to aid arctic coast shipping along the Alaskan North slope during August and September, 1976. The system utilizes an x-band "side looking airborne radar" (slar) mounted aboard a U.S. Coast Guard "HC-130B" aircraft. The requirements that an ice information system must meet are then summarized.
- Presented at the Conference, Houston, Texas, May 2-5, 1977.
Offshore Technology Conference6200 North Central Expressway
Dallas, TX USA 45206
- Gedney, R T
- Jirberg, R J
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Ice; Information systems; Shipping; Side looking radar
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Regions
- Old TRIS Terms: Arctic shipping; Ice information systems
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00170685
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 3003, Vol 4 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 12 1978 12:00AM