ADDED RESISTANCE AND PROPULSIVE PERFORMANCE OF SHIPS IN WAVES
The paper describes the results obtained for methodical and synthetic investigations in Japan to improve the accuracy for predicting the added resistance and propulsive performance in waves and to establish a rigorous method for determining the power margin. Three different hull forms of single-screw high-speed container ships are chosen for the theoretical and experimental investigations.
- From the International Seminar on Wave Resistance, Tokyo, February, 1976.
Society of Naval Architects of Japan23 Shiba-kotohiracho, Minato-ku
Tokyo 135, Japan
- Nakamura, S
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Containerships; Fluid resistance; Hulls; Performance; Propellers; Propulsion; Screw propellers; Ship motion; Ships; Wave resistance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Hull resistance
- Old TRIS Terms: Propulsive performance
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00170682
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 7 1978 12:00AM