FIRE FIGHTING - FIRE PROTECTION/A DUAL TASK ON TUGS
The paper gives an up-to-date survey of fire fighting and fire protection equipment and systems for small vessels. The two basic extinguishing media, water and foam are discussed. Liquid tanks and proportioning systems are described, as well as monitors. Considerable attention is given to the use of "halon 1301", and its chemistry and application are dealt with.
- Convention held in Rotterdam, April 18-22, 1977.
International Tug Convention (5th)Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Kroeber, A C
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Fire boats; Fire extinguishing agents; Fire fighting; Fire fighting equipment; Fires; Halogenated compounds; Protection; Tugboats
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00170679
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 7
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 7 1978 12:00AM