STRAY CURRENT CORROSION DURING PLATFORM WELDING OPERATIONS OFFSHORE
Localized corrosion detected during normal underwater inspection of platforms offshore Louisiana indicated that the standard welding procedure of hull-to-platform grounding was inadequate to completely stop corrosion from stray current flow. The investigation conducted is described in some detail and ways to overcome the problem are outlined.
- Presented at the Conference, Houston, Texas, May 2-5, 1977.
Offshore Technology Conference6200 North Central Expressway
Dallas, TX United States 45206
- Sump, G D
- Schrantz, M D
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Corrosion protection; Offshore drilling platforms; Offshore platforms; Stray current corrosion; Welding
- Old TRIS Terms: Welding procedures
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00170676
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 3025, Vol 4 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 7 1978 12:00AM