STABILITY OF OFFSHORE GRAVITY STRUCTURE FOUNDATIONS BY THE UPPER BOUND METHOD
The paper describes the steps that are necessary for using upper bound procedures for determining collapse loads. The technique, because it is an upper bound, overestimates collapse loads and hence it must be used with care.
- Presented at the Conference, Houston, Texas, May 2-5, 1977.
Offshore Technology Conference6200 North Central Expressway
Dallas, TX United States 45206
- Murff, J D
- Miller, T W
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Collapse strength; Foundations; Gravity structures; Offshore structures
- Uncontrolled Terms: Structural stability
- Old TRIS Terms: Foundations (Structures)
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00170674
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 2896, Vol 3 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 7 1978 12:00AM