SIMULATOR INVESTIGATIONS OF PREDICTOR STEERING SYSTEMS FOR SHIPS
In the simulator investigations the effects of employing different mathematical models and initial conditions have been studied. The results show that a linear mathematical model together with initial values of position, course, ship's speed, yaw rate and drift speed give a satisfactory prediction of the ship's path for a distance of about three to four ship lengths.
- Also available from Engineering Societies Library.
Royal Institution of Naval Architects, England10 Upper Belgrave Street
London SW1X 8BQ, England
- Van Berlekom, W B
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamics; Maneuverability; Maneuvering; Mathematical models; Ship simulators; Steering; Steering systems
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00170671
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 2 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 7 1978 12:00AM