COMPARATIVE COAL TRANSPORTATION COSTS: AN ECONOMIC AND ENGINEERING ANALYSIS OF TRUCK, BELT, RAIL, BARGE AND COAL SLURRY AND PNEUMATIC PIPELINES. VOLUME 8--YELLOW BALL RAIL
The report describes and costs the use of overage rail cars and locomotives as a gathering system for groups of small coal mines in the vicinity of existing lightly used or railbanked track. A transloader is used to establish unit train lots.
- Set includes PB-274379--PB-274386. See also RRIS 18 170577, the first volume, in RRIS Bulletin 7801.
University of Illinois, Urbana-ChampaignCenter for Advanced Computation
Urbana, IL United States 61801
- Rieber, M
- Soo, S L
- Publication Date: 1977-8
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Coal; Coal industry; Cost finding; Economic analysis; Fleet management; Freight traffic; Loading facilities; Planning; Service life; Unit trains
- Uncontrolled Terms: Obsolescence
- Old TRIS Terms: Fleet planning; Operating strategies
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Freight Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00170584
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: JO166163
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1978 12:00AM