COMPARATIVE COAL TRANSPORTATION COSTS: AN ECONOMIC AND ENGINEERING COST ANALYSIS OF TRUCK, BELT, RAIL, BARGE AND COAL SLURRY AND PNEUMATIC PIPELINES. VOLUME 7--PNEUMATIC TRANSPORT
Based on past and current studies, a theoretical analysis of a coal carrying pneumatic pipeline is presented including friction factors, minimim transport velocity, and pipeline telescoping. A 3.5-mile, 200-tph, pilot facility is designed. Cost analyses are presented. These and the design are extrapolated to a 100-mile line, smaller coal sizes and greater throughput.
- Set includes PB-274 379--PB-274 386. Also see RRIS 18 170577, the first volume in RRIS bulletin 7801.
University of Illinois, Urbana-ChampaignCenter for Advanced Computation
Urbana, IL United States 61801
- Rieber, M
- Soo, S L
- Publication Date: 1977-8
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 78 p.
- TRT Terms: Coal; Coal industry; Competition; Cost finding; Economic analysis; Freight traffic; Pipelines; Pneumatic equipment; Transportation modes
- Old TRIS Terms: Pneumatic systems
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Pipelines; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00170583
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: JO166163
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1978 12:00AM