COMPARATIVE COAL TRANSPORTATION COSTS: AN ECONOMIC AND ENGINEERING ANALYSIS OF TRUCK, BELT, RAIL, BARGE AND COAL SLURRY AND PNEUMATIC PIPELINES. VOLUME 6--TRUCK HAULAGE
An heuristic facility and costing model is developed for over-the-road coal transport at varying distances and tonnages. Cost data are based on industry sources. Road use costs are estimated. The computer program and an example are presented.
- Set includes PB-274 379--PB-274 386. See also RRIS 18 170577 the first volume, in RRIS bulletin 7801.
University of Illinois, Urbana-ChampaignCenter for Advanced Computation
Urbana, IL United States 61801
- Rieber, M
- Soo, S L
- Publication Date: 1977-8
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 63 p.
- TRT Terms: Coal; Coal industry; Competition; Cost finding; Economic analysis; Freight traffic; Motor carriers; Transportation modes
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Motor Carriers; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00170582
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: JO166163
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1978 12:00AM