COMPARATIVE COAL TRANSPORTATION COSTS: AN ECONOMIC AND ENGINEERING ANALYSIS OF TRUCK, BELT, RAIL, BARGE AND COAL SLURRY AND PNEUMATIC PIPELINES. VOLUME 5--CONVEYOR BELTS
Costing of coal transport by conveyor belt, for a range of tonnages and distances, is based on an heuristic model of an optimal system for each case. Cost factors are industry based. The model and format are open to provide user manipulation. A specific case is presented as an example.
- Set includes PB-274 379--PB-274 386. See also RRIS 18 170577, the first volume in RRIS bulletin 7801.
University of Illinois, Urbana-ChampaignCenter for Advanced Computation
Urbana, IL USA 61801
- Rieber, M
- Soo, S L
- Publication Date: 1977-8
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 60 p.
- TRT Terms: Coal; Coal industry; Competition; Conveyors; Cost finding; Economic analysis; Freight traffic; Transportation modes
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00170581
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: JO166163
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1978 12:00AM