COMPARATIVE COAL TRANSPORTATION COSTS: AN ECONOMIC AND ENGINEERING ANALYSIS OF TRACK, BELT, RAIL, BARGE AND COAL SLURRY AND PNEUMATIC PIPELINES, VOLUME 4--BARGE TRANSPORT
Coal transportation by dedicated-integrated tows is described and costed for the major inland waterways. Facility descriptions are provided. Each waterway (including locks and dams) is described for use in the costing analysis. The estimation of line-haul costs is disaggregated. It includes estimation of user costs.
- Set includes PB-274 379--PB-274 386. See also RRIS 18 170577, the first volume, in RRIS bulletin 7801.
University of Illinois, Urbana-ChampaignCenter for Advanced Computation
Urbana, IL USA 61801
- Rieber, M
- Publication Date: 1977-8
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 94 p.
- TRT Terms: Barge operations; Barges; Bulk cargo; Coal; Coal industry; Competition; Cost finding; Economic analysis; Freight traffic; Inland water transportation; Inland waterways; Transportation modes; User charges; Water traffic; Water transportation; Waterways
- Old TRIS Terms: Barge traffic; Barge transportation; Bulk coal; Economic analysis (Barge operations); Inland waterways transportation
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00170580
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: JO166163
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1978 12:00AM