COMPARATIVE COAL TRANSPORTATION COSTS: AN ECONOMIC AND ENGINEERING ANALYSIS OF TRUCK, BELT, RAIL, BARGE AND COAL SLURRY AND PNEUMATIC PIPELINES. VOLUME 3--COAL SLURRY PIPELINES
Based on previous work, the pipelines are described and costed. Pipeline and dewatering environmental impacts are discussed. Pipeline flexibility is analysed in terms of variation in the flow rate as well as branching and tapping the truck line for distribution purposes.
- Set includes PB-274 379--PB-274 386. See also RRIS 18 170577, the first volume, in RRIS bulletin 7801.
University of Illinois, Urbana-ChampaignCenter for Advanced Computation
Urbana, IL United States 61801
- Rieber, M
- Soo, S L
- Publication Date: 1977-8
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 58 p.
- TRT Terms: Coal; Coal industry; Competition; Cost finding; Economic analysis; Environmental impacts; Freight traffic; Slurry pipelines; Transportation modes
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00170579
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: J0166163
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1978 12:00AM