COMPARATIVE COAL TRANSPORTATION COSTS: AN ECONOMIC AND ENGINEERING ANALYSIS OF BELT, RAIL, BARGE AND COAL SLURRY AND PIPELINES. VOLUME 2--UNIT TRAINS
The costing of coal carrying unit trains is based on a facility and system description of the operation including necessary upgrading. Some development needs are reviewed. Costing analyses include varying tonnages, mileage, bottlenecks, and utilization. Track capacity is also analyzed.
- Set includes PB-274 379--PB-274 386. See also RRIS 18 170577, the first volume, in RRIS Bulletin 7801.
University of Illinois, Urbana-ChampaignCenter for Advanced Computation
Urbana, IL United States 61801
- Rieber, M
- Soo, S L
- Publication Date: 1977-8
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 116 p.
- TRT Terms: Car utilization (Railroads); Coal; Coal industry; Cost finding; Economic analysis; Freight traffic; Loading and unloading; Maintenance of way; Operations; Planning; Railroad facility operations; Rate making; Unit trains; Utilization
- Uncontrolled Terms: Line capacity
- Old TRIS Terms: Operations planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Freight Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00170578
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: JO166163
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1978 12:00AM