COMPARATIVE COAL TRANSPORTATION COSTS: AN ECONOMIC AND ENGINEERING ANALYSIS OF BELT, RAIL, BARGE AND COAL SLURRY AND PNEUMATIC PIPELINES. VOLUME 1--SUMMARY AND CONCLUSIONS
The report describes a comparative cost analysis of competing trunk line and gathering-distribution system coal carrying modes. It provides a precis of the discussion in the remaining seven volumes and the results of the costing analyses.
- Set includes PB-274 379--PB-274 386. See also Volumes 2-8, RRIS 18 170578--170584 respectively.
University of Illinois, Urbana-ChampaignCenter for Advanced Computation
Urbana, IL United States 61801
- Rieber, M
- Soo, S L
- Publication Date: 1977-8
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 91 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Barge operations; Barges; Coal; Coal industry; Competition; Conveyors; Cost finding; Costs; Economic analysis; Freight traffic; Inland water transportation; Inland waterways; Intermodal transportation; Motor carriers; Pipelines; Rate making; Slurry pipelines; Transportation modes; Unit trains; Water traffic; Water transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Barge traffic; Barge transportation; Economic analysis (Barge operations); Inland waterways transportation
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Motor Carriers; Pipelines; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00170577
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: JO166163
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1978 12:00AM