MEASURING OF SQUAT IN THE FAIRWAY TO THE PORT OF LULEA, NORTH SWEDEN
Describes the procedures, method, equipment and preliminary results of photographically registering the sinkage of ships by means of a levelling instrument and combined camera equipment. The method requires sheltered water and solid positioning of the levelling instruments. The method was worked out to measure squat in a 7 nautical mi-long fairway, much of it dredged, for the ore-loading terminal, built 1962-65 at Lulea, where the shipping season is normally seven mo. May-December.
- Presented at the 11th Conference on Coastal Engineering, London. Proceedings published 1969.
Conference on Coastal Engineering (11th),
- Carlstrom, C G
- Publication Date: 1969
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- Volume: 2
- TRT Terms: Ship motion; Trim (Aeronautics)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Sinkage; Squat
- Old TRIS Terms: Trim
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00037577
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Arctic Institute of North America
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 10 1973 12:00AM