WHAT INFLUENCES THE FUEL CONSUMPTION OF DIESEL INSTALLATIONS
This paper considers various characteristics parameters which affect the fuel consumption of Diesel machinery in ships. Although the considerations made here are not universally valid, their results are seen as being of significant importance. The fuel consumption of a system already in operation and which could be used in a bulk carrier is analysed. The main engine is rated at 15 mW and an operational period of 6,000 hours is considered. The effect of varying cylinder pressure on fuel consumption and exhaust temperature is illustrated. Order from: BSRA as No. 46,709.
- Langseth, K
- Publication Date: 1977-4
- Pagination: 4 p.
- Volume: 4
- TRT Terms: Diesel engines; Fuel conservation; Fuel consumption; Vehicle operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel operation
- Subject Areas: Energy; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00170540
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 7 1978 12:00AM