PANEL ASSEMBLY LINE LEADS TO TIME SAVING IN THE SHIPBUILDING INDUSTRY
The Author discusses the extent to which the use of panel assembly lines has been effective in reducing steelwork production time in 3 Norwegian shipyards, and is part of a broader study of production automation in 7 Norwegian shipyards being carried out by NSFI. In this section short descriptions are given of 3 panel assembly lines, each with a different level of automation. For the simple panel assembly line and the mechanized panel section assembly line described a time reduction of 50% was achieved as well as other economies particular to each shipyard, but for the partly automated panel section assembly line newly opened in the third shipyard figures to date were not available. Order from: BSRA as No. 46,700.
Ship Research Institute of NorwayP.O. Box 4125, Valentinlyst, Hakon Hakonsongt. 34
N-7001 Trondheim, Norway
- Nordeide, J G
- Publication Date: 1977-4
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Automation; Economics; Panels; Productivity; Shipyards
- Old TRIS Terms: Panel assembly; Shipyard automation
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00170536
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 7 1978 12:00AM