A critical need exists for young people and adults in inland marine operations and shipbuilding to meet future transportation requirements on the Mississippi/Gulf Intracoastal Waterways System. This final report includes opinions, forecasts and impressions from personal interviews of employees and management in inland marine and related industries. Career paths and industry needs are identified and catalogued to enable existing institutions to improve programs and practices in career and vocational education. An analysis has been conducted to determine: (a) What needs to be done in inland marine and related skill training, and (b) Why it must be done in a specific manner. The needs stated will suggest (1) how identified marine manpower needs can be met, and (2) where necessary educational services can be provided within the State of Illinois.
Parsons (William D) and Associates119 East Maple Street
Villa Park, IL USA 60181
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 70 p.
- TRT Terms: Education; Inland water transportation; Labor market; Training; Training programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Education programs; Inland waterways transportation
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00170517
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Illinois Office of Education
- Report/Paper Numbers: DAVTE-RDC-B8-273 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 7 1978 12:00AM