PACIFIC SHIPPING 77
This Conference covered four major areas as follows. (1) Pacific Liner Trades: Containerization 19 years after its inception; A U.S. operator's view of the Pacific liner trades; National Cargo preference and Pacific liner shipping; Fesco's future in the Pacific. (2) Bulk Shipping: An operator's view of the dry bulk trade and tramp market; Financing ships-key factors for the future; Japanese raw materials imports and the shipping factor; Forest products movements and vessel demand. (3) Energy Transportation: U.S. oil imports and tanker demand; U.S. flag tanker prospects; Alaskan north slope crude oil-transportation challenges; Gas supplies and needs of the U.S. West Coast. (4) Emerging Maritime Nations of the Pacific Basin: The development of the Filipino fleet, Philippine seamen and the foreign flag; Financing needs of the emerging Pacific maritime nations; The development of merchant shipping in Indonesia.
- Seatrade Conference held in San Francisco, California, June 14-15, 1977.
Seatrade Publications LimitedFairfax House
Colchester CO1 1RJ, Essex, England
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 121 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo handling; Bulk carriers; Cargo preference; Containerization; Demand; Dry bulk cargo; Financing; Foreign; Forest products; Liner shipping; Oils; Petroleum; Ship operations; Ships; Tankers; Tramp shipping; Transportation; Water transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Bulk oil transport; Energy transport; Foreign maritime development; Ship financing; Tanker demand
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Transportation (General); Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00170507
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Seatrade Publications Limited
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM