MANUFACTURING METHOD OF LARGE-SIZE MARINE HIGH-PRECISION GEARS
This paper relates to the manufacture of turbine reduction gears for the propulsion of large tankers of 200,000 to 500,000 tons as well as the medium-speed diesel planetary reduction gears used chiefly for driving cargo ships of 20,000 to 50,000 tons. The authors outline the key points in the manufacture of large gears of diameter exceeding 5 m, in the case of the turbine reduction gears, and of internal gears of diameters exceeding 3 m, in the case of the planetary reduction gears, indicating new machining techniques for solving the problems involved. Also, large-size, large-module, high-precision ground gears are required for multiple medium-speed diesel ships which will be used in the future as high-speed container ships. The arc-reference type large-size gear grinding equipment which has been developed for this purpose is also described.
- Presented at Meeting, September 26-30, 1977.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Tanaka, K
- BABA, T
- Ishikawa, J
- Ueno, T
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Gears; Grinding; Manufactures; Manufacturing; Oceans; Planetary gear trains; Reduction gears; Turbines; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Gear cutting; Gear cutting machines; Gear design; Internal gears; Marine applications; Turbine gear design; Turbine reduction gears
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00170485
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 77-DET-35
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 7 1978 12:00AM