DYNAMICS OF A HIGH-SPEED SLIDING POWER COLLECTOR IN CONSIDERATION OF SLIDING FRICTION
Considering the sliding friction force produced between a contactor and a rigid collecting rail with a randomly wavy surface, the paper deals with the dynamics of a sliding power collector for a very-high-speed railway (300-500 km/hr). An analytical model is formulated, which has two contact points and takes into account the pitching of a contactor, the stiffness of the sliding direction in a contactor support system, and the nonlinearity of the contact stiffness between a contactor and a rail. Mainly, the influences of the sliding friction and the contact stiffness on the dynamic characteristics, i.e., the etc., are investigated. The equivalent linearization etc. , are investigated. The equivalent linearization technique is applied in the analysis. To verify the analytical results, digital simulations are carried out by preparing the artificial collecting rail wave.
- Paper for Meeting, September 26-30, 1977.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Yoshida, K
- Shimogo, T
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Applications; Charge collectors; Dynamic tests; Electric power generation and transmission; Electric power transmission; Electric railroads; Friction; High speed rail; High speed vehicles; Simulation; Third rail
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Electric contactors; Electric power collection; Power collection
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00170454
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Pap n 77-DET-93
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1978 12:00AM