LATERAL/VERTICAL MODEL, USER'S MANUAL
This report represents the user manual documentation for the Lateral/Vertical Computer program. The program described simulates the dynamic responses of a freight car truck with flanged wheels. Emphasis is on the wheel-rail interaction. The program can be used to study freight car derailments due to wheel climb. Also, high speed hunting can be studied. The program model describes a single freight car truck with a suspended mass on top. L/V (Lateral force/Vertical force, a derailment tendency coefficient) is part of its output.
- This is a Computer Program Documentation Report and an International Government-Industry Research Program on Track Train Dynamics.
Chicago, IL United States 60616
- Rockefane, R C
- Tse, Y H
- Martin, G C
- Publication Date: 1977-2
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References;
- Pagination: 74 p.
- TRT Terms: Coefficients; Computer programs; Derailments; Dynamics; Hunting (Dynamics); Rail (Railroads); Rolling contact; Train track dynamics; Trucks; Wheels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Lateral dynamics; Vertical dynamics
- Subject Areas: Motor Carriers; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00170420
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Association of American Railroads Research Center
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-237
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1978 12:00AM