PROCEEDINGS OF A SYMPOSIUM ON FLOOD HYDROLOGY HELD IN NAIROBI IN OCTOBER, 1975
The purpose of the symposium was to present to engineers, hydrologists and meteorologists working within Tropical Africa, the results of recent research into problems of flood estimation in both urban and rural areas. Papers were presented from both East and West Africa to cover experience and conditions throughout Tropical Africa and covered not only recent research findings, but also current design methods and the needs of the engineer. The symposium was divided into three sections: a rainfall section discussing the rainfall models required as inputs to the flood methods, a rural flood estimation section describing techniques for the design of bridges and culverts in rural highway schemes, and an urban flood estimation section describing techniques for surface water sewer design in towns. These Proceedings include the papers presented at the symposium and a summary of the discussions which followed.
Transport and Road Research LaboratoryOld Wokingham Road
Crowthorne RG11 6AU, Berkshire, England
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 463 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridge design; Bridges; Culverts; Floods; Hydrology; Mathematical models; Rainfall; Rural areas; Sewerage; Structural design; Surveys; Tropics; Urban areas; Weather forecasting
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Highways; Hydraulics and Hydrology;
- Accession Number: 00170410
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TRRL Supp Rpt 259
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 3 1978 12:00AM