COMPUTER MODEL OF MUNICIPAL SNOW REMOVAL
A general computer model to simulate municipal snow removal has been developed. Programs which aid in the routing of snowplows are a part of this package. Once vehicle routes are created, the simulation program can be used to assess situations varying both equipment and meteorological parameters. Time for each plow to complete its route is calculated. Considerations are made for the above variable parameters plus plowing windrow, route starting depth, overlapping truck routes and intersection delay time. The effects of storm length, snowfall rate and starting depth on total plowing time are examined in a test case.
- This report was sponsored by the National Science Foundation.
Hanover, NH United States 03755-1290
- Tucker III, W B
- Publication Date: 1977-11
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Routing; Simulation; Snow removal; Snowplows; Urban areas
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00170405
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CRREL Report 77-30
- Contract Numbers: NSF APR 75-0621A02
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 3 1978 12:00AM