INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON POROUS ASPHALT
The following papers were presented: Interrelation between skid resistance, road surface texture and water film, by S. Huschek, Porous asphalt against water nuisance, by T. Welleman; The design and performance of pervious surfacings for road in Britain, 1967-76, by W.S. Szatkowski and J.R. Brown; Development of open textured bitumen macadam friction course for airports in Great Britain, by R.M. Hutson; Proous pavements: laboratory and field observations, by B.M. Gallaway and J.A. Epps; Examination of factors related of the development and performance of open-graded asphalt friction course; by R.W. Smith; Construction and evaluation of airfield PFC in the United States, by T.D. White; Drainage surfacings, by P. Nystrup; Drainage asphalt in Denmark, by E. Greby; From philosophy to reality, by J.J. van de Plas; Laboratory research into porous asphalt, by R.C. Reintjes; construction and evaluation of the porous asphalt experimental sections, by J.J.A. Gerarda; Friction course trails with modified binders, by L.W. Hatherly and D.R. Lamp; Performance of porous asphalt mixes in a laboratory test track, by W. Visser, A.I.M. Cleassen and A. Hofstra; Standard bituminous mixtures for skid-resistant pavements in Japan, by S. Tanifuji, Y. Sakagami and K. Ichihara; Porous asphalt surfacings: South African experience; and Some problems of porous asphalt in Japan, by A. Nakajiama.
- Proceedings of International Symposium on Porous Asphalt, Amsterdam, Netherlands, May 31-June 2, 1976.
Study Centre for Road Construction, Netherlands14a Jansbuitensingel
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 215 p.
- TRT Terms: Airport runways; Asphalt; Bitumen; Conferences; Drainage; Films (Coatings); Open graded aggregates; Pavements; Porous materials; Skid resistance; Surface course (Pavements); Texture; Water
- Candidate Terms: Porous pavements
- Old TRIS Terms: Water film
- Subject Areas: Highways; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00170398
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SCW Record No. 2 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 3 1978 12:00AM