PROPELLER AIRCRAFT FLYOVER NOISE TESTING
This paper presents a review of a typical flyover noise test procedure used to certify light propeller aircraft of 5700 KG (12,500 lbs.) or less gross weight to ICAO Annex 16 and FAR 36 standards. The criteria specified are not the only acceptable basis for performing these tests, but do present an approved method for showing compliance with the regulation(s).
- Prepared for SAE Meeting 28 Feb-4 March, 1977.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Shreve, J C
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustics; Aircraft; Aircraft noise; Cavitation noise; Measurement; Noise control; Overpasses; Private aircraft; Propellers; Regulations; Small aircraft; Specifications
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic variables measurement
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Law; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00170195
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 770443 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM