EFFECT OF MACHINING ON THE STRENGTH OF SHIPS' PROPULSION SHAFTING
Surface condition formulae presented, obtained for different types of machining, are recommended for use in assessment of the service life of marine propulsion shafts. The need to introduce non-destructive quality control procedures to aid detection of production defects in the surface of shafts is demonstrated. Order from: BSRA as No. 46,921.
- Document published by the Leningrad Shipbuilding Institute.
Leningrad Shipbuilding InstituteUl Lotsmanskaya 3
- Kravchenko, V S
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Machining; Nondestructive tests; Quality control; Service life; Shafts (Machinery)
- Old TRIS Terms: Machining methods
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00170155
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 108
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 7 1978 12:00AM