LLOYD'S REGISTER'S PLAN APPRAISAL SYSTEM FOR SHIPS (LR. PASS) AND ITS APPLICATION TO SHIPS' STRUCTURES
The recent need for a more scientific approach to the design assessment of modern ships' structures is briefly discussed. In satisfying this need Lloyd's Register has created an approach blending the design criteria, theory and practice to form a structural analysis capability. This has been made available to the shipbuilding industry world-wide through the Society's service known as Lloyd's Register's Plan Appraisal Systems for Ships (L.R. PASS). Included are program systems to assist the industry and which are described in detail with selected examples. The importance of feed-back to maintain and support these systems is explained. Order from: BSRA as No. 46,878.
Lloyd's Register of Shipping71 Fenchurch Street
London EC3M 4BS, England
- Aldwinckle, D S
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 31 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Ships; Structural analysis; Structural design; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Ship design
- Old TRIS Terms: Ship structures
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00170149
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 7 1978 12:00AM