PROCEEDINGS OF THE SYMPOSIUM ON THE OPERATION OF LARGE SHIPS, 1976
Fourteen papers by various authors are presented. The topics discussed include: commercial aspects of large ship investments; large fleet operating cost control systems; cost of major repairs; navigation monitoring systems; bulk liquid chemical handling; bulk cargo handling; offshore heavy lifts; port facilities for large ships; and engineer training and seafarer personnel problems.
- Presented at the Symposium on the Operation of Large Ships, London, England, March 10-12, 1976.
Royal Institution of Naval Architects, England10 Upper Belgrave Street
London SW1X 8BQ, England
Nautical InstituteAlderman's House, Alderman's Walk
London EC2M 3UU, England
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 142 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo handling; Cargo handling; Costs; Marine terminals; Navigation systems; Operating costs; Port structures; Ports; Repairing; Ship operations; Ships; Tankers; Very large crude carriers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship repair
- Old TRIS Terms: Tanker operations; Ulcc
- Subject Areas: Finance; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00170131
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 7 1978 12:00AM