INTERIM AAR GUIDELINES FOR FATIGUE ANALYSIS OF FREIGHT CARS, VOLUME 1
This interim specification is a guideline for fatigue analysis of freight cars. The methodology presented gives the designer or analyst a reliable technique for determining the fatigue life of a freight car or component when subjected to fluctuating stresses. Through the use of these guidelines, fatigue life calculations can be readily incorporated into the overall freight car design procedure.
- An International Government-Industry Research Program on Track-Train Dynamics.
Chicago, IL United States 60616
Railway Progress Institute801 North Fairfax Street
Alexandria, VA United States 22314
Transport Canada Research and Development Centre1000 Sherbrooke Street, West, P.O. Box 549
Montreal, Quebec H3A 2R3, Canada
- Przybylinski, P
- Halcomb, S
- Publication Date: 1977-5
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 68 p.
- TRT Terms: Couplers; Design; Dynamic tests; Force; Freight cars; Life cycle analysis; Mathematical models; Service life; Structural analysis; Vehicle components; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Dynamic analysis; Fatigue analysis; Performance analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Car component design; Car design; Empty cars; Freight car design
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00170096
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Association of American Railroads
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-245 Tech Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1978 12:00AM