TRAIN HANDLING EVALUATOR--CONCEPT 2. VOLUME I--SPECIFICATIONS
This report contains the specification for a Research Locomotive and Train Handling Evaluator. Incorporated in this report are the definitions of the terminology of the various phases used for Project Implementation, Milestone Schedules, Management Control and Documentation necessary for the successful completion of the defined task. A functional description of the Evaluator is provided. This description is broken down into the ten major subsystems. The greater portion of this report is dedicated to the Detailed Performance Requirements. In this portion of the report all of the major systems and each subsystem thereof is described in detail. The discussion in this portion of the report clearly defines the capability requirements necessary to perform the tasks that were identified in Report No. FRA/ORD-77/55.
- Prepared in conjunction with Grumman Aerospace Corporation and Transmark for U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Railroad Administration, Office of Research and Development, Washington, D.C. See also PB-276491, and Volume 2, PB-276493.
Turpin Systems Company16611 Roscoe Place
Sepulveda, CA United States 91343
Grumman Aerospace Corp.Bethpage, NY United States
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1977-9
- Pagination: 49 p.
- TRT Terms: Human factors; Locomotive engineers; Locomotive operation; Performance based specifications; Railroad simulators; Simulation; Specifications; Train operations; Training devices; Training simulators
- Uncontrolled Terms: Performance specifications
- Old TRIS Terms: Locomotive engineer's tasks
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00170069
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-77/56.V1 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: Dot-FR-64192
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM