RESEARCH LOCOMOTIVE AND TRAIN HANDLING EVALUATOR DEFINITION--CONCEPT 1. VOLUME II--DETAILED SYSTEM STUDIES
Performance specifications for a train handling and locomotive research evaluator are set forth in Volume I. These are based upon a study of design concept trade-offs to create a research facility capable of eliciting realistic behavior from railroad train operators. Results of these studies are presented in Volume II along with examples of research programs that could be carried out. Initial cost, operating staff and costs, buildings and utilities test subject logistics and downstream improvements are included in Volume III. The overall research needs that can be met uniquely by such a research evaluator facility are presented along with a schedule for design, procurement, delivery and installation of such a simulator.
- Prepared for U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Railroad Administration, Office of Research and Development, Washington, D.C.
MB AssociatesP.O. Box 196, Bollinger Canyon Road
San Ramon, CA USA 94583
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Hulbert, S
- Wheeler, J
- Dompe, R
- Witham, C
- Csanky, L
- Publication Date: 1977-9
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 258 p.
- TRT Terms: Development; Human factors; Locomotive engineers; Locomotive operation; Railroad simulators; Research; Simulation; Specifications; Train operations; Training devices; Training simulators
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Old TRIS Terms: Locomotive engineer's tasks
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00170068
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-77/47.V2 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-64260
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM