RESEARCH LOCOMOTIVE AND TRAIN HANDLING EVALUATOR DEFINITION-CONCEPT 1
Describes results of simulator design concept tradeoffs to create a research facility capable of eliciting realistic behavior from railroad train operators. Examples of research programs that could be carried out are presented. Initial cost, operating staff and costs, buildings and utilities test subject logistics and downstream improvements are included. The overall research needs that can be met uniquely by such a research simulator facility are presented along with a schedule for design, procurement, delivery and installation of such a simulator at the Pueblo, Colorado FRA Research Center.
- Prepared for U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Railroad Administration, Office of Research and Development, Washington, D.C. Also see PB-276362/AS.
MB AssociatesP.O. Box 196, Bollinger Canyon Road
San Ramon, CA United States 94583
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Hulbert, S
- Wheeler, J
- Dompe, R
- Witham, C
- Csanky, L
- Publication Date: 1977-8
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 260 p.
- TRT Terms: Cost estimating; Development; Estimates; Human factors; Locomotive engineers; Locomotive operation; Railroad simulators; Research; Safety; Simulation; Train operations; Training simulators
- Identifier Terms: Transportation Technology Center
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Old TRIS Terms: Locomotive engineer's tasks
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00170065
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-77/46 Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-64260
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM