TRACK STRUCTURES PERFORMANCE-COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF SPECIFIC SYSTEMS AND COMPONENT PERFORMANCE
This report presents analyses of data, up to 50 million gross tons of traffic, from the Facility for Accelerated Service Testing (FAST). These analyses include concrete and wood tie track system performance and component performance, rail wear comparisons, ballast depth and type performance, ballast shoulder width, and subgrade performance. In addition, there is a summary of general FAST results to date which includes coments on the major maintenance performed on special trackwork and other sections of the track not specifically addressed in the main chapters of the report. Also, some of the information contained in this report was derived from data from other sources such as the Velim test track in Czechoslovakia.
- Record URL:
- Prepared in conjunction with U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Railroad Administration.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Kish A
- McConnell, D P
- McCafferty, R M
- Moody, H G
- Sluz, A
- Publication Date: 1977-9
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 150 p.
- TRT Terms: Ballast (Railroads); Concrete; Concrete ties; Rail (Railroads); Rail fasteners; Railroad ties; Railroad tracks; Service life; Subgrade (Pavements); Test tracks; Wear; Wood ties
- Identifier Terms: Transportation Technology Center
- Old TRIS Terms: Ballast depth; Fast facility; Track structures; Wooden cross ties
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00170061
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-77/29 Tech Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM