INLAND WATERWAYS COMMUNICATION STUDY. VOLUME I. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
The report presents the results of a study of the communications requirements of the companies operating on the inland waterways, encompassing the Mississippi, Illinois, Ohio, Tennessee, Warrior and Missouri rivers and a portion of the Inter-coastal Waterway. Industry communications requirements are presented in detail, leading to the development of several alternative system concepts for an integrated Inland Waterways Communications System. A detailed evaluation of the hypothesized alternatives is presented and the preferred system concept is recommended. The implementation characteristics of the preferred system concept are described, as are the type of organization required to operate the system and the regulatory environment in which the system will operate.
- Paper copy also available from NTIS 13.00/set of 3 reports as COM-74-11104-set.
ARINC Research Corporation2251 Riva Road
Annapolis, MD USA 21401
- Publication Date: 1974-3
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Communication; Communication systems; Communications satellites; Inland water transportation; Inland waterways; Microwave communication systems; Radio; Satellite communication; Telecommunications
- Old TRIS Terms: Inland waterways communications; Inland waterways transportation; Microwave communication
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00170049
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 01-1-1295-Vol 1 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 7 1978 12:00AM