PORT COLLECTION AND SEPARATION FACILITIES FOR OILY WASTES. VOLUME II: GENERAL TECHNOLOGY
The information in this volume provides technical background information on the technologies and processes which were investigated in the course of this study in order to develop the system plans for the survey ports. It also describes the procedures used to collect samples from vessels at the various ports, and the tests which were performed in analyzing them. Evaluation of the adequacy of the sampling procedure is discussed in a separate chapter, along with recommendations to be followed before any of the ports undertake the preparation of specific plans or designs. The final chapter reports on an overview summary of existing practices in some other countries in the handling of maritime oily wastes. Practices in Japan, the Netherlands, Italy, and Iran are covered in the summary.
- Prepared in cooperation with Esso Research and Engineering Company.
Harris (Frederic R), Incorporated300 East 42nd Street
New York, NY USA 10017
- Forster, R L
- Moyer, J E
- Firstman, S I
- Publication Date: 1973-3
- Pagination: 168 p.
- TRT Terms: Bilges; Marine terminals; Oil spills; Port structures; Ports; Surveys; Waste disposal
- Uncontrolled Terms: Oil separators
- Old TRIS Terms: Bilge water treatment; Oily ballast water; Port surveys
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00170048
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 7 1978 12:00AM