CONDUCTING A MARINE RADAR TRANSPONDER EXPERIMENT AND STUDY. PHASE II
A study was made to determine means for radar target identification, enhancement, and display and/or utilization by vessels having a cooperative radar and beacon system. Experiments used cooperating shore and ship radar and beacon systems. Interrogation and reply codes and information format for system use are considered, together with PRR, clock rates, A.G.C., and radar power radiated in determining system range and utility.
Sperry Rand CorporationSperry Marine Systems Division
Charlottesville, VA USA
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Pagination: 64 p.
- TRT Terms: Radar; Radar beacons; Radar beacons; Radar devices
- Old TRIS Terms: Radar range
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00170046
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 7 1978 12:00AM