IEEE TECHNICAL PAPERS PRESENTED AT THE JOINT ASME/IEEE/AAR (ASSOCIATION OF AMERICAN RAILROADS) RAILROAD CONFERENCE, 1977
This volume contains eight papers dealing with technical aspects of rail transport, with particular emphasis on the Washington Metro system. Paper topics are: three-phase propulsion in diesel and electric locomotives for heavy freight and fast passenger service; computers in railroad control; rail analysis modeling; a feasibility study for the measurement of track modulus by railway track recorder cars; Washington Metro's rapid transit cars; Washington Metro automatic train control system; electrical power systems of the Washington Metrorail Transit System; and dynamic on-line destination scheduling.
- IEEE Tech Pap presented at the Jt ASME/IEEE/AAR (Assoc of Am Railroads) Railroad Conf Washington, DC, March 30-April 1, 1977. Individual papers from this conference are in RRIS Bulletin 7701 and can be found in the Corporate Author Index under the listing American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)3 Park Avenue, 17th Floor
New York, NY United States 10016-5997
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 59 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternating current motors; Automatic train control; Control systems; Electric power supply; Electric railroads; Measurement; Rail (Railroads); Railroad tracks; Railroads; Rapid transit; Rapid transit cars; Rolling stock; Scheduling; Traction drives
- Identifier Terms: Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
- Old TRIS Terms: Track geometry measurement
- Subject Areas: Energy; Public Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00169988
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 77CH1237-71A Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1981 12:00AM