TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE - A MANAGEMENT OVERVIEW
This special publication is based on presentations from the keynote session at the 1976 SAE National West Coast Meeting. Its purpose was to provide an overall view of America's transportation needs for the future and how they can best be met. Because of the outstanding success of the session, SAE decided to publish the keynote presentations so that the viewpoints expressed could reach a broader audience. Specifically, the publication contains an overview of transportation system requirements nationally and panel discussions of this overview from the viewpoints of the automobile industry, the railways, rapid transit equipment manufacturers and railway equipment manufacturers.
- Presented from Keynote Session at SAE National West Coast Meeting, San Francisco, August 9-12, 1976.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Publication Date: 1976-11
- Pagination: 58 p.
- TRT Terms: Carbuilders; Forecasting; Freight transportation; Locomotive builders; Passenger transportation; Rapid transit; Technological forecasting; Transportation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00169987
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE Spec Publ N420
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1982 12:00AM