MECHANICAL BORING OR DRILL AND BLAST TUNNELLING
Proceedings include 15 technical papers that provide detailed information relating to all aspects of tunneling on both sides of the Atlantic. The reports give a comparison of the two techniques with respect to contracting, excavation and pre-investigation rock mechanics, present and future equipment, and a detailed comparative cost analysis. They also bring out differences in the conditions and techniques between the United States and Sweden.
- Natl Swed Build Res Doc n D3: 1977 1st US-Swed Underground Workshop, Stockholm, December 5-10, 1976.
Swedish Detonic Research FoundationStockholm, Sweden
- Persson, P A
- SCHMIDT, R L
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 277 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Excavation; Explosive excavation; Presplitting (Blasting); Rock drilling; Rock mechanics; Tunneling; Tunneling machines
- Old TRIS Terms: Excavation technology; Tunnels and tunneling
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00169982
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Res Doc No D3 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM