DEVELOPMENT OF ADDITIONAL HAZARD ASSESSMENT MODELS
Five additional assessment models have been developed to delineate the hazards caused by chemicals with specific properties when they are accidentally released in different environmental conditions. These models describe the sinking, spreading and dissolution of heavy liquids in a river, dissolution of heavier than water low boiling point liquids released underwater, spreading on water of continuously released oil and cryogenic liquids, and the release of chemicals that react with water. The heating by fire and consequent rupture of propylene barge tanks is also investigated.
Little (Arthur D), IncorporatedAcorn Park
Cambridge, MA USA 02140
- Raj, PPK
- O'Farrel, P M
- Publication Date: 1977-3
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 306 p.
- TRT Terms: Chemical spills; Hazard evaluation; Liquefied natural gas; Oil spills; Spills (Pollution)
- Old TRIS Terms: Hazardous chemical spills; Lng spills; Oil spill behavior
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00169952
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Coast Guard
- Report/Paper Numbers: CG-D-36-77 Tech Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG24,655AMod16
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1978 12:00AM