PROCEEDINGS OF THE NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON STRENGTHENING ORGANIZATIONAL CAPABILITIES FOR TRANSPORTATION PLANNING (FIRST), HELD IN HOUSTON, TEXAS ON MARCH 1-3, 1977
The document reports the results of a national conference held in Houston, Texas during the period of March 1-3, 1977. The objectives of the conference were: (1) To explore how low-income transit dependent groups can become meaningfully involved in transportation planning; (2) to examine the overall impact of the transportation planning process on low-income transit dependent groups; and (3) to examine techniques and methodologies for strengthening organizational capabilities for more effective comprehensive planning.
Texas Southern University, HoustonUrban Resources Center, 3017 Wheeler Avenue
Houston, TX USA 77004
Department of TransportationOffice of University Research, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Lede, N W
- Publication Date: 1977-6-30
- Pagination: 471 p.
- TRT Terms: Cooperation; Level of service; Local government; Low income groups; Meetings; Planning; Policy; Public participation; Public transit; Specifications; Transportation planning; Travel demand
- Uncontrolled Terms: Requirement; Services
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00169785
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TST-77-57 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-60123
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM