IMPLEMENTATION OF STATISTICAL SPECIFICATIONS FOR CONTROL OF BITUMINOUS CONCRETE. REPORT V
Statistical specifications were implemented on a trial basis on four projects calling for bituminous concrete pavements. Plant production, compaction, and smoothness of the final surface were monitored for correspondence to acceptable norms. The experience gained on these projects indicates that contractors could perform penalty-free work provided they exercise close control over their plant and field operations, and maintain sufficient equipment in good operating condition. Implementation of the specifications in their current form will be no problem, as far as plant production and surface smoothness are concerned. Problems will arise, however, with the compaction phase of the specification, due to limited personnel and equipment.
- See also report dated Oct 76, PB-265 352.
Wethersfield, CT United States 06109
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Lane, K R
- Bowers, D G
- Publication Date: 1976-11
- Pagination: 44 p.
- TRT Terms: Asphalt cement; Asphalt concrete; Compaction; Concrete pavements; Flexible pavements; Implementation; Pavements; Performance tests; Production; Quality control; Roughness; Smoothness; Specifications; Statistical analysis; Statistical quality control
- Old TRIS Terms: Pavement smoothness
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Materials; Pavements; Research;
- Accession Number: 00169774
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-CT-376-5-76-13, 376-76-13
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM